Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

On Every Street by Karina Halle

An Artist Trilogy Novella


When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart in a heated battle against her deep need for revenge, no one will walk away from this con a winner.

This 50K word (100+ pages) novella takes place six years before Sins & Needles. It can be read before or after Sins & Needles and may also be read as a standalone.





~*~*~*~*~*~


* Read March 13, 2013 

ouch!
This book hurt... a lot

5 Sizzling Stars!!!

"...You need to be my everything." 


This is a "love" story of Ellie(Eden) and Javier.

So I should say that after this book, I'm not even sure on who's team I am.

At the beginning we got a glimpse at a very young and, in my opinion, very naive Ellie Watt. Of course she has this big bad plan for revenge. That should have made her into a bad-ass girl.
Well let me say that it haven't worked out all that well.
She got soft.
Ah, I forgot to mention, - she fell in love too.
And not just to anybody...
But to a very charming, very possessive and very, very cruel man Javier...
and oh my.. he's definitely a charmer! A real ladies man. He knows what he's doing, and he is doing it well.

I would really like Javier's book, with his POV. He's a real puzzle to me.
It looks like he's possessed with Ellie (Eden) and yet he's so distant sometimes. I would love to take a glance in his mind.

"So why did you come here?"
He smiled lazily. "I told you. I'm persistent. I don't like being told no." 


Reading the ending of this book really really hurt. I was so disappointed ... although.. I actually knew how this would all end.
I was still hoping .. for some kind of HE I guess. I'm a romantic to the core. I believe even those bad, ugly people with rotten hearts deserve to love and be loved. Sad.. I know :)


"Revenge has been my lover for too long," he said, breath hot on my neck. He began sliding down my body, toward the floor, arms around me.
"Power, my savior. I need to learn how to put you first, above those things. I need you to help me. I don't want to love anything more than you, Eden, so please, I'm begging you, show me how. You need to be my everything."
 


So anyway, I think I'll play safe for now and choose Team Ellie
for now!
I need more info about our 'boyz'. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...