Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: Onyx (Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Blurb:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town….
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies….


~*~*~*~*~*~


\*/ --- MAJOR SPOILERS --- \*/

****** Beware! ******






What the hell??????

It's like she knocked her head too hard too many times, in a row!!!!!

I was never, NEVER so mad at the heroine.

All that babbling about having feelings for Daemon are there just because of the bond, being spineless, clueless, soo stupid and soo naive all the time!
Finishing this book was a real challenge! 
I wanted to scream and scream my frustration out while reading this.. 
I'm actually surprised there's such a good rating..
It's well written, and there's all kinds of people here, with different tastes and blah blah.. but my GOD!!!!!!!

Because of her everything went to shit practically from the start. 
Why couldn't they just get together and then face the enemy? 
Why did they have to battle with each other AND with the enemy and then get together at the MOST INAPPROPRIATE moment in the book?? When because of her Adam got killed.
But suddenly everyone understands and they're not mad at her. Of course, how can you be mad at a COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!!!???????

From the start I smelled something fishy about Bobby, or is it Boris? Oh right it's Flake, I mean Blake.... I loved you Daemon so much for being an asshole with him!
How can she not get suspicious about him? To be so stupid and trust a person you don't really know, and NOT trust a person you already got to know, and no matter what kind of asshat he could be, he saved your life numerous times and obviously cares for you!!!!
But nooo... not you.... you just close your eyes Katy .. 
If not for you, this book could have been so awesome!!!! This whole series could have been one of my favorites!
But I just CAN'T forgive your idiocy. You were selfish, and because of you, because you haven't asked for help or advise when you could have, people and not just people got killed or imprisoned...

I wish, I wish I could slap you out of it. But I heard that book 3 is even worse.

Now people who read my reviews probably noticed that I try, really try to say something good about the book, even if I haven't loved it.
I wish I could say more nice things about this one too, the problem is, everything paled in a bright light of Katy


Peace, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...