Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Captive In The Dark by C.J. Roberts

Synopsis

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, and graphic violence.


~*~*~*~*~*~

5 Stars!


It's a difficult, psychologically challenging book.YOU SHOULD READ IT!

“This isn't a romance. You're not a damsel in distress and I'm not the handsome prince come to save you.”

You may find some spoilers below. BEWARE! 

I liked this book for several reasons.

Although there's sometimes TMI for my taste, this peace of art kept it's own style through all the book. NO BS. Naked truth!

Main Characters Livvie (aka Kitten) and Caleb (aka Master{*roll-my-eyes*})

Livvie is a girl (with a turn for Stockholm's) with demons of her own.
She's 18 and from very young age she'd been told that when she'll grow-up, she'll become a whore! WTF? What sane parents would say that? None.I know it and you know it! But seems like she's not so sure about that {*roll-my-eyes*}
And yeah, the irony of it all, she will become a whore after all. 
{Hope not, but it's not my place to decide that.}
But in her heart she's a fighter! You can almost smell the spirit coming through! So I'm very positive she'll never become a whore or a slave. Not in her heart, anyway..

Caleb ... Now he's one fucked-up Mo'Fo! I mean really??!! Capture a girl, then make her into a sex-slave and sold her to a man you despise so much.. (???) 
WOW!
Very clever!
What the hell is wrong with you? Gheeezuz!! I mean you're not the only one in the world who had more then terrible things to go through! No need to go all Rembo on a poor girl!

Don't worry, I still have hope for you.


Recommendations: 
If you like reading about nasty things - this book is probably for You!
Not that it's to creepy. It's not. Just reading about beat-up crying woman, takes a lot of nerves and courage. 

My feeling registration: 

My feelings about this book are very conflicting.
I like the whole story..
I hate how he treat's her..
But I like how he's changing. Opening to her, to himself. And that's one of the best things in this book. Things get better in some freaky way.
But there's still so much demon's inside Caleb, that the HELL feels deserted.


So, despite what I wrote so far, this book is written very well. 
I liked that readers can see both Livvie's and Caleb's POV's. That helps to understand more of what the hell is in their heads.


That's all from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...