Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Sins & Needles by Karina Halle


 The Artists Trilogy #1

About the book:

Published: January 25th 2013 by Metal Blonde Books (first published January 24th 2013)
ISBN: 9781479359080
Edition Language: English
Original Title: Sins & Needles

Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she’s much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for – Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie’s counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she’s not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie’s plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn’t dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it’s one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

------------------------------

Read from January 31 to February 01, 2013 



First of all..

5 f'king GREAT Stars!! and ++++!!!

Meet Ellie.. 


She's a con artist.. and she's good at it! She's really got at it.
And she doesn't care about it. After one job gone bad she's on a run - again, but it's ok for her, cause she keep's a spare life in the trunk.
Spare Clothes..
Spare driver's licenses and Social Security Numbers.
When it's to `hot` to stay - she goes.

But she's in a bit of a mess, needs a new start - again, and decides it's time to go, back to the Palm Valley, place she once already called home. Back to her true self - whoever it is.

And she's hoping her dear Uncle Jim will help her start over. He's her mother's brother, no matter what happened, he used to take care of her, was like her father for a time. So he'll def will help her

``I raised my hand to knock again when the door was opened a crack and I spied a familiar looking eye peering through it.
"Uncle Jim," I said through a broad smile.
He frowned and the door opened fully.
He looked at me up and down and said, "Oh,shit."``
 

so yeah.. maybe he wont help.

But she stays, at least for a couple of days wishing to find a job.
She decides enough is enough, time to go legit!

She goes to a local coffee shop in hope to get a job there.. no such luck, but while she wait's for her order she founds herself eye-to-eye with the most gorgeous guy she have ever seen! And... looks like he knows her!

Wait a minute?? what?? Nooo!... nobody should know or even remember her..


Meet Camden McQueen!

Oh hell yeah she knows him...

But he's soo different now! They start talking.. and what do you know? He's doing really great for himself. He invites her to his work/home and the wheel's in Ellie's head begging to turn... maybe it's not yet the time to be legit?




Sadly not everything goes the way it needs to.. and uh-oh.. are there butterfly's in her stomach?? Nah.. it couldn't be!

But oh my....


"You're a bad person, Ellie," he said without a trace of irony.
"I'm not bad. The world is bad and I'm just trying to survive in it."
 

I think it's enough to peek your curiosity! :)))
I had a blast with this book. Karina Halle, you know you rock right?

I was shocked, I was scared, I cried, I laughed, I felt HOT!!!

Oh My God!! What should I do until the book #2?? And the ending!

So everybody, who haven't already - It's a MUST READ!!! 


"It wasn't a goodbye kiss, it was the opposite. It was the start of something that would last forever." 


`To everyone with the scars that have made them who they are -- this one's for you.` - Karina Halle


And I really thank YOU for that!



Also please check my friend Jenny's review of

2 comments:

  1. I read this book this weekend. I loved it, too. Great review ~ nicely done! KO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You!
    I loved it, can't wait for next books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...